Saturday, January 19, 2013

48 Things About Me

I learned of 48 questions from the Diabetes Social Media Advocacy.  I follow them on Twitter.  I thought I would give this a whirl in hopes to get myself out into the DOC a bit more.  I am loving the support from everyone.  It helps out so very much.  So, DOC, I thank you.  In keeping with the theme of January's "Getting to Know You" from DSMA...here it goes!

1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
 --I think so, I recall my mother mentioning that there was a news reporter named "Kassie" and she liked it.  However, my birth name is Kathryn.  Always complicated.
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
 --Probably a few weeks ago when I had to leave my husband in CCU after his open heart surgery.  It was hard to have to go home by myself-plus he wasn't awake yet and that was hard.
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? 
--Not really, but I change it up a bit depending on my mood.  It's never really the same.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
 --I don't have a favorite, love them all.  Except roast beef.
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
--No, however, we are trying!
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
 --Yes, I feel like I am a pretty good friend.  I'm dependable that's for sure!
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT?
--Yes, but my mother always thinks I'm being mean.  I'm just always messing around.
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
--Yes.
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
--Absolutely not.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
--That's easy...Captain Crunch with Crunch Berries.  Must have the berries.
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
--No.
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?
 --Absolutely. 
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
--Scouts Honor.  Mint ice cream with chocolate swirls and big chunks of thin mint cookies.  To. Die. For.
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
 --I'm sure it sounds snotty, but I notice how they are put together.  Nothing like meeting someone who looks like a hot mess!
15. RED OR PINK?
 --Pink, all day long!
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
 --I'm a pushover.
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
--A guy friend from high school.  We were BFF's and now we're not.  It's complicated.
18. WHAT IS THE TECHNIQUE THAT YOU NEED TO WORK ON THE MOST?
--Being a better business person.  I am a great daycare provider, but the business end I am lacking for sure. 
19. WHAT COLOR SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
--I am wearing camel colored boot slippers.
20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?
--Ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins!  We brought dessert to dinner at a friends house!
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
 --My husband rewinding a commercial he insisted I hear.  Something about hairy legs...I think he is trying to tell me something?
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
 --Grey.  It's totally my color.  Not a super fun color, but goes with everything.  
23. FAVORITE SMELLS?
--Newborn babies, my husband, garlic and the smell of clean.
24. HOW IMPORTANT ARE YOUR POLITICAL VIEWS TO YOU?
 --Not too important.  I don't educate myself as much as I should...my sister in law does it for me!
25. MOUNTAIN HIDEAWAY OR BEACH HOUSE?
--Beach house for sure!
26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
--The Real Housewives is a sport right??  I love to watch football for sure!  Friday Night Lights!!
27. HAIR COLOR?
--Blonde forever!
 28. EYE COLOR? 
--Blue, but more like Navy.
29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
--No, but I do have glasses for reading and computers.
30. FAVORITE FOOD?
 --Italian and Mexican...it's a toss up!
31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
--Happy Endings.
32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
 --Right now I am listening to Iron Man 2 with my hub, does that count?
33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?
--I am wearing my husbands BROWN hoodie. It's boring yet comfortable.
34. SUMMER OR WINTER?
--Summer, I live in Michigan!
35. FAVORITE DESSERT?
 --Reeses Peanut Butter Cup?
36. STRENGTH TRAINING OR CARDIO?
--Cardio.
37. COMPUTER OR TELEVISION?
--I'm a TV junkie. 
38. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
--The Help
39. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
--I don't have a mouse pad.  Laptop.
40. FAVORITE SOUND?
 --Children laughing and then after that...QUIET.  LOL!
41. FAVORITE GENRE OF MUSIC?
--I generally love everything, but I tend to jam more Country than anything.
42. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
--Probably Mexico for our honeymoon.
43. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
 --Not that I can think of...
44. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
--Bay City, Michigan
45. WHERE ARE YOU LIVING NOW?
--Still here, just the other end of town!
46. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR HOUSE?
 --Yellow and White.  Only because the front has new siding and the rest doesn't.  Siding is expensive.  I wish we could finish what the previous owners started.
47. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR CAR?
 --Red, but I drive my husbands more and his is Grey.
48. DO YOU LIKE ANSWERING 48 QUESTIONS?
--Yes, yes I do!  Thanks Cherise!!

Come and join the fun!!
Diabetes Social Media Advocacy is a program provided by DCAF.  
Chat: Wed 9 PM EST 
DSMA Live: Thurs 9 PM EST. 
Creator of the initiative
Indianapolis area · http://www.diabetessocmed.com

No comments:

Post a Comment